⤷ Add your help file to the Delphi
In Delphi3 you should do these steps
1) Copy the files MyComponent.hlp and MyComponent.cnt into
the help directory of Delphi, for example
(C:\program files\Borland\Delphi 3\help\).
2) Open Delphi3.cfg with a text editor
3) In the 3rd-party section at the end of this file, add
the following line:
4) Delete the hidden file Delphi3.GID
In Delphi4 and higher
1) Copy the files *.hlp and *.cnt into the help
directory of Delphi (for example
2) Start Delphi.
3) From the main menu choose Help | Customize...
The OpenHelp tool starts and opens the
configuration file of Delphi's online help.
4) Select the Index tab.
5) Choose Edit | Add Files..., then locate and open *.hlp
files. This will merge the keywords in *.hlp file with
the keyword index of Delphi's or C++ Builder's help.
6) Select the Link tab.
7) Choose Edit | Add Files..., then locate and open again
your *.hlp files.
This will enable context sensitive help for the component.
8) Choose File | Save Project, then close the window.
More for developers